When it’s cold out I’m a sucker for comfort food. I love food that’s warm and yummy in my tummy! :o) One of my favorite easy meals to throw together is Meatball Bombers: aka – meatball sandwiches. (sorry, my pictures are terrible!)
what you need:
frozen meatballs (Enough to cover the amount of sandwiches you want to make…usually 3-4 meatballs per sandwich.)
jar of marinara sauce
1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Place frozen meatballs in the slow cooker.
2. Dice onion and add them to the slow cooker.
3. Pour marinara sauce over the meatballs and onions
4. Stir and cover: cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meatballs are thoroughly heated.
5. Once meatballs are ready, slice hogie buns and cheese, and then turn on your oven’s broiler.
6. Place a few pieces of the cheese on the inner bottom of each bun
7. Spoon meatball mixture into the bun (# of meatballs depend on the size of your bun)
8. Top sandwiches with a couple more slices of mozzarella.
9. Broil the sandwiches to toast the bun and melt the cheese.
10. WATCH your sandwiches closely so they don’t BURN!
11. Eat and enjoy!!!